Thursday, February 08, 2007

Well, it's been such a long time since I've written anything here. I suppose it's because I keep waiting to put a pic with the story or something really cool to happen. Well, a lot of great stuff has been happening so I'm just going to share some tid bits of it all.

First off...Tuesday we found out that this cute little baby growing inside of me is a BOY! We are definitely excited for that. It's so crazy because you all know we would have been happy either way and I'm sure some of you have experienced the exact same thing but it's just incredibly fun to know who this little person is inside you. I just stared at the monitor and kept thinking, "I'm his mommy! No one knows this baby like me (except for God of course!)." It's just an incredible thing that a mother can't even begin to explain and those that aren't mothers can't really, fully understand. I know I never could wrap my brains around the love of a parent for a child but even now I'm beginning to understand. It's a wonderful gift from God...all pointing right back to Him in order for us to long to know Him more!

In other news, Paul has started work. Yes he passed his boards...no surprise! But he is loving his job and just happy to have something that he enjoys to fill his days. He's not one to be able to sit for long and not do anything. The two weeks after he took his test were killing him with boredom. We are very blessed to have him where he's at.

We sat down the other Saturday and talked about goals for now and for the future. Little things like learning to recycle and reading out loud once night a week to paying off school loans in 3-4 years all the while saving for a down payment on a house. It was good for me to remind myself that these things are temporary and having a house that we "own" is not a measure of status for us. We are very well off and our wonderful little house fits us very nicely. We can do without and do without new things all the time. We also decided to keep both our cars and just trade so that I have the 4-door and he has my 2-door when the baby comes. Both are cars are still reliable and it just fits into our financial goals to keep them versus buying a "new" one.

All-in-all this has been an amazing year full of God's wonderful blessings. I visited Starbucks this morning because I haven't had a Soy, halfcalf caramel Machiato and a Lemon Raspberry Coffee Cake since I've been pregnant. But they don't have that kind of coffee cake in Lincoln! Sad! I drove away thinking, "If that's the kind of disappointments that I go through then I am truly spoiled!" We are such a blessed nation...take time to enjoy what God has truly blessed you with, and don't be afraid to share it!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yay for life updates! Congrats again on your little boy...we are so excited to meet him. Yippee!

You are so right when you say that we are blessed beyond measure...even in our darkest hours, they are nothing compared to others in the world. Thanks for the reminder.

Miss you my friend!

Natalie said...

Amen, Sister! God is soooo good! Kris and I are daily reminded of his intimate care for us. It is a great reminder to look around each day and thank Him for His care.
Here is my list for today:
a husband I am madly in love with
Kris's passion for the Lord
Taylor
Jocelyn
Pearl Street and its diversity (we were there today)
new friends
new adventures (Erie)

L.L. Barkat said...

Wonderful news. Enjoy your boy. :)

As for what we "need," it's not really much. Nice to see you living that!