Friday, August 18, 2006

Let your heart take courage!

Okay...you know how sometimes the Word just hits you totally new like you've never read it before?!?!

"Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus." Phil 3:12

So, life is a journey, yeah, we fall two steps back and go one step forward. We cry out to Him to please help us see the Light. But the key is to press on! We won't have "obtained" it until one day when we meet Him face to face...for now our mission is to not give up. Each time we are faced with the fact that we feel like a failure or we've suddenly realized we've wasted time, it is then that we must definitely press on!

Be encourage my friend and let your heart take courage!

1 comment:

L.L. Barkat said...

Was studying the book of Ruth today and this theme was at its heart... Ruth pressed on in her emptiness... went to pick up other people's leftovers...

How could she have known what such faithfulness would bring? A son, who became the father of a long line that led to Messiah, and, thus, to me and you.

So, today, I thought I'd like to take the long view on things and, yes, press on...