Wednesday, November 14, 2007

thoughts on a wednesday...

I'm making a second attempt at reading through the entire Bible. Sad that this is only my second time going through it begining to end in my 24 years of knowing our Savior personally, but happy that He has brought me to this point of knowing him more than I did at age 5, 10 or even 28!

So, today I was reading in Deuteronomy, chapter 4, and came across this verse (v.20)..."But the Lord has taken you and brought you out of the iron furnace, from Egypt, to be a people for His own possession, as today."

I couldn't help but stop and think for a minute about my life, my family's lives, my friend's lives, and so many more. He has taken us from whatever circumstances we've faced in the past and helped us to recover, grow, mature, gain understanding...all because we are His possession and it brings Him glory to do so. What a great God we know and serve! How fabulous that He cares so deeply for us not to leave us there in our "iron pit" but will take and bring us out!


Thank you, God, for taking and bringing me out of the "iron pit", the person that I once was, the place where I felt most alone, the circumstance where I turned my back. Thank you for loving me so much that you sent your One and Only Son to pay the price of my sin. Thank you that no matter how dark it may seem to get that you are always God at the end of the day.

2 comments:

Mama Wood said...

Great post, Kristin :) It goes hand-and-hand with how grateful I am with where he has pulled me out of and the great family and friends he has placed in my life!

Love ya
Jen

Tara said...

I recently decided I was going to reread the bible and so I signed up with some website that sends you a little bit each day and portions it out so you read the entire thing in one year. Man did that ever take the wonder out of the experience. I cancelled it after a couple of days. Now it's me, my beloved lavendar-bound Bible, and a cup of tea during naptime. MUCH better. :-)