Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Catching up with a very dear friend...

So, I'm not only catching up on time with a dear friend but also catching up on my blogging. It's been quite awhile now, a month, since our time with Kris and Natalie and their beautiful kids Taylor and Joselyn. They came and stayed with us a weekend while they were in Lincoln visiting supporters. We had a great time hanging out with their kiddos while Kris and Natalie enjoyed a Husker game in real life. We watched in on t.v. and I tried explaining to Taylor that that's where his mom and dad were. He looked and me and asked if Taylor was there too? :) It's a little difficult explaining live t.v. to a 3 year old I guess...or maybe it was the teacher.
Anyway, Natalie and I stayed up way too late both nights talking about anything and everything. I haven't been that encouraged spiritually by a friend in so long. It was, and always has been, amazing to hear her wisdom, insight, and passionate love for her Lord and family pour out in our talks. We have so much in common and were able to pick up right where we left off 3 years ago when our ways parted. I'm very excited to see them again when we spend the night with them on our way home from vacation in Denver/Vail.

What an amazing gift the Cheeks are to Boulder and to us!
You can check out what they're doing in Boulder here.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

you made this pregnant girl get all teary eyed reading this post. I can't wait to have another late night while you are here so better be rested up or I will just make you some good coffee. I am so encouraged by your kindness.

Sara said...

Ooooh....I'm so glad you were able to spend time together. What a sweet time of fellowship that must have been. Reading about it made me miss you both desperately. You are both my LIFE friends and I'm so thankful.