Tuesday, February 12, 2008

the arts

Lately God has been teaching me about being content in exactly who He created me to be. The more I let myself be creative and free in that area the more fearful and scared I can sometimes get. I often find myself comparing my talents and abilities to those around me. The trouble with comparison is that God did not create me like this person and that person, He created me in His image and did not make any mistakes when doing so. That means that the gifts, talents and abilities I have are exactly what God wanted me to have...no more, no less. Therefore, I want to rejoice and be free in the fact that I can't fail if I do it all for God's glory. So, I've been letting myself be vulnerable and free in my creative side. Here are a few projects I've been working on.


We went on a double date with some friends of ours, Eric and Nikki, to Paint Yourself Silly. I had never been before but had a great time. And I really do like how my platter turned outI've been working on the patchwork for quite some time. I thought I would make it into a throw but realized the way I'm going I might be 93 before that happens. So, I took some of it and covered a pillow instead. I really like how it turned out. Also, I had this idea of making a snake for Ryan. Mighty Mac-dog is trying to save us from this venemous little reptile!

2 comments:

Scott and Anne Chapman said...

I love your pillow case! You are so creative! miss you!

Amy said...

That plate is super cute! I went to a paint your own pottery place in town once and it was so wonderful! I made a mug for myself and then I made one for my dad for a present. He loves it so much that he won't even stick it near a dishwasher :) It rests next to his coffeemaker and he uses it every morning.

Great pillowcase too!!