Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Scone Love

I have a little obsession with scones. Oh, the sometimes bland taste with the little sugar crystals on top and a bite here and there of cranberries, blueberries, or chocolate chips! I know I am a little strange but they're just such a fun little indulgence.
I often feel that life is too short to not eat the things I like so I try to find ways to eat them anyway. Plus, I think everyday is a day to celebrate and I can't celebrate eating foods that don't do it for me. So, I found this recipe for Pear-Ginger Scones using Fiber One cereal. Only I didn't have pears and I don't really like ginger so I improvised! Basically I just omitted the pear and ginger and added a wee bit more cereal and milk. Usually when I improvise I end up wishing I hadn't but this time it was completely the opposite. These turned out to be one of my favorite scones of all time. However, there is a catch, they are the most amazing hot out of the oven!

3 comments:

eva said...

we love scones at our house! (Scooters coffee house has really yummy blueberry ones). I'll give this recipe a try sometime. thanks.

Sara said...

Hey. Sweet Mug. I use mine all the time. :) It's still my sleeve tattoo dream. Ahhhhhh.

Here we go... said...

I, too, love Scones!! Can you believe it?! If ever in VA , do stop by for my favorite lemon scones...they are so much better with a friend.