Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Going green in the blender!




So, my friend Sara is always up to something and her food passion compels me to try new recipe now and then. Her newest bloggings have been about green smoothies. Check her out here...HappyFoody!


Since Ryan is eating just about anything these days and mommy and daddy's food is always way better I've been more concerned with making sure what I feed him is pronounceable and good for him. Mind you I am the mom that will feed him excellent and healthy food all day and then let him have some ice cream...again, I love to celebrate!


Today we tried a green smoothie for breakfast. I was a little hesitant that I'd have to choke it down but was pleasantly surprised to taste it, with only a banana, 1/4 cup cherries and a bunch of Romain, that it was really sweet. It tasted a little grassy and was really green so I added about a 1/2 cup more mixed berries. We shared it and I think you can tell by the picture that he enjoyed it as much as I did.


So, it was a good start to our day...Proverbs and a green smoothie!


2 comments:

Sara said...

Yum yum :) I'm so glad you're trying it. Tomorrow try a peeled apple, 2 bananas (best frozen), greens, and water. It's my fave. Love you!

Kristen's Raw said...

I LOVE green smoothies...going to make one now and add some hemp protein powder or hemp seeds to it I think. Hemp has amazing nutrition!

I'm going to also add cilantro, cherries and some raw carob powder. YUM!!!!!